The Canon EOS Rebel T3i is a great camera and particularly for the DSLR videographers. It is a highly appreciated choice for creative still shooters too. Everything is fine in it if you don’t try shooting kids, sports, or else your pets too. It may fail to keep up your expectation. The camera is strictly not meant for such photography.
– The videography quality of Canon EOS Rebel T3i is excellent. It comes with 1080 HD video recording with manual controls.
– The device is equipped with articulated LCD screen and external microphone socket. It is to note here the articulated LCD screen is missing in the predecessor T2i.
– The device is fueled by a good battery life.
– Flashguns can be remotely controled.
– You cannot go for burst shooting sports, kids, or pets.
– While shooting in Live View mode the AF seems slow.
– Longer periods of use may be tiring as hand grip of the camera feels uncomfortable.
– Sometimes the white balance becomes too much orange under artificial light.
The T3i is a solid but unexciting follow-up to predecessor T2i. It comes with additional articulated LCD and couple of features for auto-always crowd.
The camera has excellent noise profile and does not compromise on still shots though many people doubt on it comparing with mid-level Canon 60D. The JPEGs are clean through ISO 400 as the camera is equipped with in-camera JPEG processing.
On the default settings the captured photos looked good with relatively accurate and saturated colors. The exposures as well as the metering are well predictable and consistent too.
The T3i sports 18-megapixel sensor and Digic 4 processor. It comes with 18-55mm kit lens and shoots at 3.7 fps. It is slightly heavier than the T2i because of its rotating rear LCD monitor. The camera is highly user friendly, particularly the auto mode.
Design wise the articulating 3-inch LCD of the camera is highly attractive. Its 1,040K-dot display can be flipped to the side and also can be pivoted up and down 270 degrees. This gives flexibility when you are shooting in crowd. The camera measures 3.9 by 5.2 by 3.1 inches and it weighs 1.14 pound.
Priced tagged $758, the Canon EOS Rebel T3i is a good midrange DSLR but with some limitations or flaws such as the kit lens are relatively soft and the Live View mode is sluggish. The focus in movie mode is not very decent enough if compared to the focus in Live View mode.
The Canon EOS Rebel T3i DSLR camera is undoubtedly high-performing and fast. If you are not attracted towards the articulated LCD, the cheaper T2i captures the same best stills and records fine videos. Also, if you are upgrading your camera to shoot sports, kids, or pets, believe me this camera is not perfect. Apart from these drawbacks, it is good, decent and value for money.
Do share your own views too about the Canon EOS Rebel T3i camera with us and fellow readers in the below given comment box.